Diannnesthingsat.wordpress.com

Sister blog to WordPress "Thought You Might Light This"

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lazy Sunday - Just a Note and a Sixties Thing

If Sunday's are for being lazy then I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing....nothing.  Actually I got an early start yesterday...ahahaha!  Now I get to do everything tomorrow, my to-do and errand list getting longer and longer. But everyone needs to just chill now and then and I've been enjoying looking at all the writing places of my Writers Circle friends.  This was a fantastic idea Sharon Jones had and has really added a nice personal aura to the group. It somehow makes us "real" in a sense.  Moreover you see little bits of personality here and there in one's space.  You find out things in some cases;  like two of my fellow writers are Hunter Thompson (Nathan) and Jack Kerouac (Diana) fans respectively; some play guitar; most like music; many have extensive libraries and so on. This activity was a much needed breath of fresh air!    While I was taking a picture of Jack Kerouac to post for Diana I took a shot of the below picture just for the heck of it.  In my computer/music room I have various and assorted wall hangings and pictures.  Everything from a Scarface poster of Al and his "little friend" to posters of   my step-sons and their band "DOPE",  but this one is my favorite.  It's a framed first issue of Rolling Stone Magazine dated November 09, 1967.  Pretty cool eh!  :) Bye for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment