Diannnesthingsat.wordpress.com

Sister blog to WordPress "Thought You Might Light This"

Monday, August 15, 2011

Stuck on Memory Lane in a Pile of Photo Albums

Will be returning to poetry after my self indulgence in a few old family photo blogs.  Bear with me! 
What's she worried about?
Yeah, that's me and it's just that I don't know where to start. I've just come into a pile of old family photo albums.  Albums I thought were lost for several years which is too long of an uninteresting story to go into here. The albums belonged to my Mom and Dad once upon a time and are filled with their life and my life both sides of the families' lives and the lives of people I don't even recognize.  Now most people would just peruse through the albums and be done with it but that's not me.  I want to invite everyone over and gather at the big people's table, open up some beers and wine and start looking at all this history that's recorded here in these albums. Even if you don't know the people, to me, it's fascinating.  There are some really old photos here.  There are wedding, births, war, death, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, showers, you name it, it's all right here. I spent the entire weekend and today going through these albums thinking that somewhere there is a story here,  something I can share, but frankly like the picture caption says I don't know where to start so I'm just going to begin by posting pictures......maybe that is the story.   So if you don't like looking at old pictures you might want to get off the blog boat now.  We'll start with a few if the older ones first.
Great Grandma and Great Grandpa White sitting
That's great Aunts Nelle, Nora and Ethel standing. Can't read the childs name but it's something like Fora. This is on my Mother's side of the family.  Grandma White was Mother to my Grandma Gibson below who
lived to be 101
Grandma and Grandpa Gibson (my Mother's parents)
Great Grandpa White and Great Aund Lily Strunk

Enter My Mom.
This I took from a picture on my bedroom wall.  It's my Grandma Gibson and my Mom.  There were very few photos of this period leading me to believe these may have been some of the lost albums.
Mom in School Photos
Top Photo Mom in second grade 1926 at Huffman Elementary  - Dayton Ohio She is 3rd from left in white dress first row.  Bottom picture Randolph High 1935 - she's a Jr. second from right first row.   And finally...

Enter me:
Me and Mom
Next blog we take a look at the  Denlinger photos - my Dad's side of the family.   Hope you were not too awfully bored out of your mind with this.  :)    If you were scream loud and I'll stop....really.


DiAnne  

No comments:

Post a Comment